I have always loved planning vacations, especially to Walt Disney World, so I am sharing my best planning secrets and some great free Walt Disney World planning printables, every month leading up to our trip in a series: One Year Countdown to Walt Disney World
- 12 Months: Introduction // The 3 Big Questions // Free Printable Budget Planner
- 11 Months: 11 Month Update // Best Free Planning Resources // Printable Journal Cards
- 10 Months: 10 Month Update // Top Planning Websites // Free Printable Stroller Tags
- 9 Months: Disney Dining Plan Review // Free Printable Top 10 Attractions List
- 8 Months: 8 Month Update // Top 10 Tinker Bell Gifts // Printable Tinker Bell Gift Tags
- 7 Months: 7 Month Update // Best Disney World Planning Books // Travel Info Sheet
- 6 Months: 6 Month Update // Touring Plan Spreadsheet
- 5 Months: 5 Month Update // Pin Trading Guide
- 4 Months: Disney Movie Countdown // Free Printable Daily Disney Planner
- 3 Months: Best Gear for Traveling with Kids // Printable Guide to Rides by Height
- 2 Months: All About FastPass+ // Free Printable Character Autograph Print
- 1 Month: Disney World Packing List
- Countdown to Walt Disney World: Disney World Trip Report
We traveled over the Holidays to spend time with our families, which for my family meant there was lots of time for Disney planning! This month, I used the Touring Plan Spreadsheet to loosely plan what each day would look like. I compared it to the rest of my family’s plans and I feel like I have a pretty good idea of where we will spend each day.
It’s important to begin to nail down the days because we are inching closer and closer to the ’60 Day’ mark, which those staying on property (like us) are able to book their 3 FastPasses per day!
One thing my daughter got for Christmas that I am thrilled to travel with this summer is a Trunki. Have you heard of these? They are a hard-shell carry on designed for kids. My favorite part is the wheels and strap, which allow my toddler to ride it through the airport.
When we take it to Disney, it will be both a practical suitcase and a riding toy for the hotel room. Genius!
This Month’s Planning Resources:
If you have anything to add to the conversation, don’t be shy! I would love to answer any of your Disney planning questions and if you share a tip I love, I might just include you in next month’s countdown.
Like what you see on our blog? Join our mailing list to receive emails with freebies, projects, coupons and decor ideas to help you live a creative and joy-filled life. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.