I have always loved planning vacations, especially to Walt Disney World, so I am sharing my best planning secrets and some great free Walt Disney World planning printables, every month leading up to our trip in a series: One Year Countdown to Walt Disney World
- 12 Months: Introduction // The 3 Big Questions // Free Printable Budget Planner
- 11 Months: 11 Month Update // Best Free Planning Resources // Printable Journal Cards
- 10 Months: 10 Month Update // Top Planning Websites // Free Printable Stroller Tags
- 9 Months: Disney Dining Plan Review // Free Printable Top 10 Attractions List
- 8 Months: 8 Month Update // Top 10 Tinker Bell Gifts // Printable Tinker Bell Gift Tags
- 7 Months: 7 Month Update // Best Disney World Planning Books // Travel Info Sheet
- 6 Months: 6 Month Update // Touring Plan Spreadsheet
- 5 Months: 5 Month Update // Pin Trading Guide
- 4 Months: Disney Movie Countdown // Free Printable Daily Disney Planner
- 3 Months: Best Gear for Traveling with Kids // Printable Guide to Rides by Height
- 2 Months: All About FastPass+ // Free Printable Character Autograph Print
- 1 Month: Disney World Packing List
- Countdown to Walt Disney World: Disney World Trip Report
Where there are only two months left before your Disney vacation, I can almost guarantee the biggest thing on your mind will be FastPass+! If you’re staying ‘on property’ in one of the resorts owned by Disney World, you are able to book your FastPass+ 60 days in advance of your vacation. If you are staying ‘off property’, you can book FastPass+ 30 days in advance.
We are staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is owned by Disney, so 60 days before our vacation I logged into My Disney Experience from my computer and booked my FastPasses for our entire vacation. It was really a pretty painless process, but it was a little complicated, so I thought I’d share a few tips and my favorite resources to find out more.
- If you haven’t already, be sure to download the Disney World Touring Plan Spreadsheet to plan out your trip. You will know exactly when to book your FastPass+ reservations.
- Right now, when you book your FastPass+, it automatically assigns you three times. Try to get the time for your hard-to-get attraction correct (Anna & Elsa, Toy Story Midway Mania, etc.). You can go back in and change the times for the rest of the reservations later.
- Your FastPass+ reservation times can’t overlap. If you’re having trouble getting the time you want for one FastPass, make sure none of the other reservations for that day conflict.
- If there are lots of people in your party (grandparents, extended family, etc.), make sure you have connected all of their My Disney Experience accounts BEFORE your FastPass+ reservation date. If your other party members don’t have an account (your husband, kids, etc.), make an account for them that you manage through your account.
- Each person in your party needs to have a park ticket assigned to their account in order for you to make their FastPass+ reservations. (Otherwise it will say ‘Valid Park Admission Required’)
Best FastPass+ Resources
|Link to Website||Why I Love Them!|
|My Disney Experience||This is where you will go to make your FastPass+ reservations. Click on ‘My Disney Experience’ in the upper right-hand corner. Then click ‘FastPass+’. You have to make your initial reservations on a computer, but you can update your selections on your phone through the My Disney Experience app.|
|TheDibb||They have a great tool that will show you exactly when you can choose your FastPass+ and which attractions have FastPass+ availability.|
|Undercover Tourist||A comprehensive guide to FastPass+ and MagicBands – perfect for beginners|
|WDW Prep School||How to add, edit, and copy FastPass+ reservations. Also see their post about How to Tour All Disney Parks with FastPass+.|
If you have anything to add to the conversation, don’t be shy! I would love to answer any of your Disney planning questions and if you share a tip I love, I might just include you in next month’s countdown.
Like what you see on our blog? Join our mailing list to receive emails with freebies, projects, coupons and decor ideas to help you live a creative and joy-filled life. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.