- Visit a farmers market and try a new fruit or vegetable.
- Bake banana bread for a neighbor. Because who doesn’t love banana bread!?
- Visit garage sales early on a Saturday morning.
- Take family photos. Try fun pictures at a pumpkin patch, in a pile of colorful leaves, or in Halloween costumes.
- Light a fire in the fireplace and drink apple cider.
- Host a Sunday afternoon tailgating party. It doesn’t have to be too complicated – the entertainment is free and chips and salsa make a great snack! Just enjoy the afternoon with a couple of friends.
- Go Camping.
- Cheer on the local high school football team. If you don’t have any ties to the teams playing, have each person choose a team to root for. Loser buys ice cream for everyone after the game!
- Take a hike – literally! Enjoy the beautiful weather outside. Look up state parks, nature centers, or nature preserves near you and spend the day on the trails. Don’t forget to bring a water bottle! Here are some great outdoor adventures in North Dallas.
- Run/Walk a 5K. This is the perfect time of year to find a great local race. Find one that supports something you’re passionate about, invite a few friends, and don’t worry about your time! You’ll get outside, be active, and probably get a t-shirt out if it, too!
Now I’m off to take the little one outside to play in the leaves! What are your favorite things to do with your family during the most perfect season? Leave me a comment below!
Subscribe to the Newsletter for Free Updates
Subscribe to get DIY projects, recipes, and tips to live simply and create beautiful things delivered right to your inbox.