Celebrate the holidays with this Black and White Coca-Cola Float Party.
Every year around the holidays, our family gathers to exchange gifts, tell stories, play games, and laugh together. Christmas is the best time to gather together with family and friends to celebrate and nothing says Christmas quite like a glass bottle of Coca-Cola. Something about that little red label makes you feel like a kid again.
I wanted to showcase the fun red color of the Coca-Cola bottles, so I decorated with a gathering of balloons. I blew transparent balloons up to different sizes to make them look like bubbles. I cut tiny holes at the neck of the balloon and threaded fishing wire through the holes. Then I hung the balloons from command strips on the ceiling. Once they are hung, they look like Coca-Cola bubbles!
Food might just be my favorite part of this whole party. These Coca-Cola Cupcakes in a Jar are almost too cute to eat. (Note that I said almost because they are also delicious!)
Of course, I am a mom of a toddler, so my recipes are required to be simple and they don’t get much easier than this. The cupcakes only require two ingredients!
You simply mix together a box of Devil’s Food Cake Mix and one and a half cups of Coca-Cola. Then carefully spoon the batter into a glass jar.
Place all the glass jars onto a single baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes. Allow them to cool completely while you mix your icing together. To make the icing, mix half of a package of cream cheese with one stick of butter in a stand mixer for five minutes. Then slowly add in 1/4 cup of salted carmel ice cream topping and 2 cups of powdered sugar. Allow the ingredients to mix together for a few more minutes. Use a spatula to transfer into an icing bag and ice the cooled cupcakes.
Here’s the handy printable recipe:
- 1 box of Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups of Coca-Cola
- 1/2 package cream cheese (4 oz.)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup salted carmel topping
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix together the Coca-Cola and cake mix.
- Carefully spoon batter into mason jars.
- Place all the glass jars onto a single baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and butter in a stand mixer for five minutes.
- Slowly add in salted carmel ice cream topping and powdered sugar.
- Allow the ingredients to mix together for a few more minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer into an icing bag and ice the cooled cupcakes.
I also created some printable stickers that say “Share a Coke and a Smile”, which you can download for free! I printed them out on sticker paper and used a 2″ punch to cut out the round circles.
We also made some delicious Coca-Cola Kettle Corn.
If you’ve never made Kettle Corn before, it may seem complicated, but it’s not actually that difficult at all. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 bottle of Coca-Cola
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Popcorn
- Bring the Coca-Cola and sugar to a boil in a small pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until it thickens. Note: Mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Heat oil in large pot with three kernels of popcorn inside.
- When the kernels pop, the oil is ready.
- Add sugar and stir until it melts, then add kernels and cover.
- Alternate shaking for three seconds and resting for three seconds until popcorn is popped.
- Pour into large bowl immediately.
- Slowly drizzle reduced Coca-Cola mixture onto the popcorn while stirring and allow to cool.
Then when your guests want to make a float, they can add ice cream to their glass and pour their Coca-Cola right on top.
I wanted to create something simple and thoughtful for guests to take home. I filled two empty Coca-Cola bottles with festive candies, included two full glass bottles of Coca-Cola, and finished with a bag of Coca-Cola Kettle Corn.
I added a large sticker (included in the Free Printables) to the front of the 6-pack carrier and completed the look with baker’s twine.
Here are a few other details I love about this party:
I hope you enjoy a chic twist on a classic party with this Black and White Coca-Cola Float Party!
Like what you see on our blog? Join our mailing list to receive emails with freebies, projects, coupons and decor ideas to help you live a creative and joy-filled life. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Subscribe to the Newsletter for Free Updates
Subscribe to get DIY projects, recipes, and tips to live simply and create beautiful things delivered right to your inbox.