Make your own Hot and Honey Chicken and Waffle Sliders with this delicious brunch recipe.
Now that football season is winding down and we are gearing up for the big game, it’s time to start thinking football food!
We just moved to the South a few years ago and I think my favorite culinary invention of the south might just be chicken and waffles. The first time I tried them my world changed for the better.
For my game time party, I decided to create portable, easy-to-handle sliders. I also added some amazing hot and honey sauce that will take these sliders to the next level.
Hot + Honey Chicken and Waffle Sliders
Start by mixing together flour, black pepper, and paprika in a bowl and mixing together one egg and a cup of milk in the other bowl.
Cut the chicken into one inch slices, dip them in the egg/milk mixture and roll them in the flour mixture. This process is called dredging it’s a little easier if you dedicate one hand to the wet mixture and the other hand to the dry mixture. Otherwise you will start to form a paste on you fingers, which makes it hard to hold the chicken pieces (not that I know from experience, of course…)
Place them on a baking sheet and cook in a 457 degree oven for about 20 minutes. While they are baking, we will be mixing together our Hot + Honey Sauce. To make the Hot + Honey Sauce, mix one cup of honey with 2 Tablespoons of hot sauce.
Then I made the waffles using my favorite recipe in a Belgian waffle maker. Once the waffles are made and the chicken is out of the oven, submerge the chicken in the Hot + Honey Sauce and assemble your sliders.
Don’t these look amazing!? They are sweet with a kick – perfect for the big game!
Here’s a handy printable recipe:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 Tablespoons El Yucateco Habanero Hot Sauce
- 1 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Mix together the milk and egg in one bowl.
- Mix together the flour, black pepper, and paprika in a separate bowl.
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch pieces.
- Dip each chicken piece first in the milk/egg mixture then roll in the flour mixture. Repeat to double bread.
- Bake on a cookie sheet covered in aluminum foil for 20 minutes.
- While they are baking, mix together the waffle ingredients and cook in a Belgian waffle maker according to the instructions.
- Mix together the honey and El Yucateco Hot Sauce.
- When the chicken has come out of the oven and cooled, submerge the chicken in the Hot + Honey sauce.
- Assemble the Chicken and Waffle Sliders by stacking a waffle quarter, chicken piece, and second waffle quarter.
Are you prepping for a football party this year? Share your favorite party snacks in the comments below!
Like what you see on our blog? Join our mailing list to receive emails with freebies, projects, coupons and decor ideas to help you live a creative and joy-filled life. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
Subscribe to the Newsletter for Free Updates
Subscribe to get DIY projects, recipes, and tips to live simply and create beautiful things delivered right to your inbox.