I will be the first to admit it – cleaning is not my strong suit. Even before kids, I struggled to maintain a clean house and found myself rushing around every Saturday trying to keep up with the mess we left behind during the week.
Now that I have a toddler? Forget about it! I tidy regularly (read: several times a day), but if you stop by my house and glance under my couch, you will absolutely find about a month’s worth of tiny toys and “treasures” that my hoarder daughter has been storing.
There is one time of year, however, that I absolutely love to clean. Spring cleaning is my JAM! Once the cold of winter has lifted and everything starts to look a little sunnier, I love to break out all my cleaning supplies and spend a whole week deep cleaning, purging, and organizing. It feels like I’ve just hit the reset button and I can finally rest in my house again.
If you’ve been around here for any length of time, you know that means I’ve made a printable checklist! If you knock off a few items or a room each day, this Spring Cleaning Checklist will transform your house.
Click here to download the Spring Cleaning Checklist – and be sure to let me know in the comments if you like it!
Some expert tips:
- Dust, wipe off counter, and wipe ceiling fan blades BEFORE you vacuum and sweep your floors so you won’t have to backtrack later.
- Take everything out of your drawers, cabinets, and closets. Only put the things back that you love. If you don’t need it anymore, donate, recycle, or throw it away!
- If you don’t have the cleaning supplies you need before you start cleaning, stock up with these all purpose giants:
- Disinfecting all-purpose cleaner (get one that can also clean glass)
- Disinfecting bathroom cleaner
- Floor cleaner safe for both wood and tile.
- As for tools, here are the basics (and you’ll probably need a cute caddy to encourage regular cleaning):
- Microfiber cleaning cloths
- Vacuum that can clean hard floors and carpets
- Microfiber feather duster
- Microfiber mop
I hope these tips help! Let me know in the comments if you have any tips or tricks that make you a house cleaning supermom!
Want more Free Printables and creative ideas for families? Join our mailing list to receive emails with freebies, projects, and decor ideas to help you live a creative and joy-filled life. You can also follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest and see more printables on Etsy.
Subscribe for a Free Print
Receive an exclusive print just for our subscribers and get updates when I add new free printables!